You have a chance to win a pair of tickets to PVCC Presents: Stand Up Comedy featuring Robert Mac and Chelsea Shorte on Saturday, April 1st!
Tune on Monday, March 27th– Friday, March 31st at 5:15pm for when we give you the codeword of the day, enter the codeword below and you’ll be entered for a chance to win those tickets to see Robert Mac and Chelsea Shorte!
For more information Click Here!
Complete List of Rules
Listen to 106.1 The Corner on-air on Monday, March 27th- Friday, March 31stat 5:15pm for when the unique “Codeword” of the hour is announced at least one time during the day, and enter online using the codeword and registering with the first name, last name, date of birth, zip code, phone number and email at Contests | 106.1 The Corner (1061thecorner.com) for a chance to win a pair of tickets to see PVCC Presents: Stand Up Comedy with Robert Mac and Chelsea Short at The Main Stage Theatre, V. Earl Dickinson Building at PCVV on Saturday, April 1st, retail value of $20 per promoter.
5winners will be randomly selected by 106.1 THE CORNER WCNR staff from all eligible users who enter the correct codeword (1 winner per codeword of the hour) and register through a third-partyplatform.
Contest runs Monday, March 27th from 5:15pm until Friday, March 31st 5:59pm. Winners will be selected and notified by Friday, March 31st.
One entry per person, per code word. Submitting more than one entry per person will invalidate all entries by that contestant. Any entry submitted on behalf of another individual or using another person’s email address or name will be disqualified and ineligible to claim any prize. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries allowed by using same, multiple/different email addresses, identities, or any other methods void that participant’s entries,and that participant may be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any online registration, the authorized account holder of the email address sued to register will be deemed to be the registrant and he/she must be eligible according to these official rules. No mechanically reproduced or automated entries permitted. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification and all such entries will be deemed void.
Winner must be at least 18 years old. 106.1 THE CORNER WCNR, Charlottesville Radio Group, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a 100-mileradius of the 106.1 THE CORNER WCNR main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
To be eligible to win any prize on 106.1 The Corner WCNR you must not have won anything on 106.1 The Corner WCNR or any Charlottesville Radio Group Stations (WCVL-FM, WVAX-FM/AM, WWWV-FM, WQMZ-FM, WINA-FM/AM) in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
We will notify winners when prizes will be available for pick up at 106.1 THE CORNER WCNR Offices located at 1140 Rose Hill Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22903.
Winners will need to follow all COVID-19 guidelines and protocols put in place by the concert organizer. We are not responsible for any cancelations or rescheduling of events.
These are the rules governing all contests aired on 106.1 The Corner WCNR radio and on the 1061thecorner.com website, unless otherwise specified. In the following rules, “106.1 The Corner WCNR” means Saga Communications of Charlottesville, LLC, dba Charlottesville Radio Group and its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., which owns 106.1 The Corner WCNR radio:
Updated March 6, 2023
- No purchase is necessary to enter any 106.1 The Corner WCNR contest.
- To be eligible to win any prize on 106.1 The Corner WCNR you must not have won anything on 106.1 The Corner WCNR in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
- Anytime you call the 106.1 The Corner WCNR studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast.
- As a winner of a 106.1 The Corner WCNR contest your voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes without any compensation to you.
- Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. 106.1 The Corner WCNR reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
- All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the 106.1 The Corner WCNR studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
- In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), 106.1 The Corner WCNR’s delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as (106.1 The Corner WCNR) awarding the prize to the winner. 106.1 The Corner WCNR shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. 106.1 The Corner WCNR shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
- All 106.1 The Corner WCNR contests are open to all eligible residents 18 or over (unless otherwise specified) living within 75 miles of station transmitter(s). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to 106.1 The Corner WCNR that will be presented to 106.1 The Corner WCNR and accepted before the prize is awarded. Employees of 106.1 The Corner WCNR, it's advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the 106.1 The Corner WCNR main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
- Winners will be expected to claim prize at the 106.1 The Corner WCNR studios, 1140 Rose Hill Drive, Charlottesville, Virginia 22903, between 12:00pm – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize, which will be specifically stated.
- Where the prize(s) consists of paper tickets (“will-call tickets”) the winner will be directed to go to a specified address and retrieve the will-call tickets, and, by entering the contest, the contestant agrees to pick up will-call tickets and sign and deliver to 106.1 The Corner WCNR a waiver form as directed. Where the prize(s) consists of electronic (digital) concert or event tickets (“e-tickets”), the winner will receive an email from 106.1 The Corner WCNR with a hyperlink to an electronic waiver form that the winner must sign and return to the 106.1 The Corner WCNR before the prize will be transferred to the winner. The e-tickets will be transferred to the winner by 106.1 The Corner WCNR or, in some cases, by a third party (for example, Ticketmaster, LiveNation, etc.) and the winner must check his or her email account for an email or cellular mobile number for a text message from the ticket provider in order to download the e-tickets. Where e-tickets are a prize, as a condition of entering the contest, redeeming and using e-tickets requires the winner (i) to have a valid email address and an app-enabled mobile device capable of downloading and running a third-party mobile ticketing app (e.g., Ticketmaster, LiveNation, etc.); (ii) to install, or have already installed, such mobile ticketing app on their app-enabled mobile device; and (iii) to log into an existing user account or sign up for a free user account with the third-party operating such mobile ticketing app by completing a form with all required information, including, at a minimum, the winner's first name, last name, valid email address and telephone number. E-tickets awarded as a prize in such contests cannot be redeemed or used by any means other than the designated third-party mobile ticketing app for the e-tickets. Individuals who do not have a valid email address, access to an app-enabled mobile device and/or do not comply with these requirements will not be able to redeem or use e-tickets should they be selected and verified as a winner, will not receive a substitute prize, and should not enter contests where e-tickets are the prize.
- 106.1 The Corner WCNR reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if any contest rules are violated in any way.
- 106.1 The Corner WCNR assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. 106.1 The Corner WCNR, its advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each are absolved and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
- As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, 106.1 The Corner WCNR reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of 106.1 The Corner WCNR management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
- 106.1 The Corner WCNR reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. 106.1 The Corner WCNR's decision is always final. In the event any one of the general contest rules which govern all 106.1 The Corner WCNR contests contradict with any specific contest term, the specific contest term will control.
- For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: 434-970-1061. For texting it is 77000. The person operating the telephone at 106.1 The Corner WCNR has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
- 106.1 The Corner WCNR shall have no responsibility for contestant’s inability or failure to participate, failure to win or claim any prize based on malfunction or difficulties with telephone, cell phone, texting, email, or internet access, or any other circumstances in any contest beyond 106.1 The Corner WCNR’s control.
- For any contest involving on-line voting: If an entrant receives irregular votes, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, or other automated means, 106.1 The Corner WCNR reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion and/or use another means to determine the winner(s), ex. – random selection or appointing a panel of judges.
- For any contests involving tickets to live performances or events, winners will need to follow all COVID guidelines and protocols put in place by the concert organizer.
- 106.1 The Corner WCNR is not responsible for for any event cancellations or reschedules.
- 106.1 The Corner WCNR is not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or act of man or God, lost, late, misdirected, postage-due, unintelligible, returned, undelivered entries or email, or lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this contest or website, or act in violation of the official service, as solely determined by the station, will be disqualified. Neither sponsor nor promotion parties are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this contest, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized website access. 106.1 The Corner WCNR is not responsible for injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this contest. Should any portion of contest be, in 106.1 The Corner WCNR’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the station, corrupt or impair administration, security, fairness or proper play of this contest, or contest plays, 106.1 The Corner WCNR reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the contest.
- 106.1 The Corner WCNR has not made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on prize (if any) are provided only by the manufacturer, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee.
- The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on 1061thecorner.com:
- All appropriate information in required fields must be entered correctly and completely or you will be disqualified.
- To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of 106.1 The Corner WCNR as defined at the exclusive discretion of 106.1 The Corner WCNR management.
- Any problems with the internet or email are not 106.1 The Corner WCNR’s responsibility.
- Contestants who register to participate on our website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
- Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, contests may not be heard at all on 106.1 The Corner WCNR. Contests heard on the radio station’s internet audio stream may be slightly delayed from the time the contests are heard on the broadcast station, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all contests heard on the internet are delayed. This delay can last for as much as 30 seconds or more. This means that when 106.1 The Corner WCNR contests are played that require a specific caller to telephone the radio station (such as “Caller number 9 when you hear the sound effect”), listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air.
- A copy of these rules is available during business hours at the 106.1 The Corner WCNR studios 1140 Rose Hill Drive, Charlottesville, Virginia 22903